Tony Luna - Pearl S Buck & Judy Jones - Milestones in Music
Tony Luna, VP of Relationship Development, Pearl S Buck International and Judy Jones, Milestones in Music, early childhood music education were the guests on our show this week. Read the full article to find out what we talked about or visit WNPV to listen to the shows archives.
Pearl S. Buck
- Spent first half her life in China
- Second half of her life in Hilltown Township, Bucks County, PA
- First of only 2 women in American history to win the Nobel and Pulitzer Prizes for literature
- Dedicated her writing to bridging East and West
Pearl S. Buck International
- Christmas 63 years ago, a child was handed to her that was a mix of east and west – ½ east Indian and ½ Caucasian American
- Child was outcast society
- Pearl S. Buck found a family for that child
- That child will become our Chairman of the Board in January, 2012 (next month!)
- Starting with that first child, to date, over 2 million children and family members lives changed.
- Discover the Legacy Tour – 2x a month, free, inspirational – visit www.pearlsbuck.org/legacy or call 215-249-0100 x133
Unique gift for children/young people this holiday season
- At this holiday time of year, consider sponsoring a child through Pearl S. Buck International
- Like Save the Children, Christian Children's Fund – you can sponsor a child through Pearl S. Buck International
- Great way to teach our children that there are other child in our world that do not have as much as they do
- As a sponsor – you or your child will receive letters, pictures from your child – and the child will get things like a school uniform, school supplies – life saving immunizations.
- A great gift to give a child or grandchild
- Call 215-249-0100 and ask to Sponsor a Child OR visit www.pearlsbuck.org/sponsor
- Heralded Holiday Craft Show – Black Friday through December 4 – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. – winter wonderland of antiques, jewelry, traditional crafts – been show in the County!
- Holiday Open House – Complimentary Tours, Carnival for Children; December 13, 6 to 8 p.m.
- Festival of Trees – PSB House is decorated by 25 local business and non profits – vote for your favorite tree!