Kevin - Reuseyourshoes
Kevin from Reuseyourshoes was a guest on our show this week. Read the full article to find out what we talked about on the show. You can also visit WNPV and listen to the shows archives.
Who are they?
- Reuseyourshoes is a Shoe Charity based out of Doylestown Bucks County providing used shoes to people and organizations who need them.
- They primarily serve Bucks, Montgomery and Philadelphia Counties.
Who do they help?
- Some of their beneficiaries are The Bethesda Project, Saint John's Hospice, and Ready, Willing and Able in Philadelphia;
- They've provided shoes to the kids at Cradles to Crayons in Conshohocken; and they've collected cleats for soccer clubs in impoverished areas.
- Reuseyourshoes is also available for disaster relief or to local residents who have been affected by fire or flood.
How can you help them?
- What they need more than anything are volunteers.
- They have close to 100 collection boxes in stores and businesses in Bucks County and the surrounding area and with and they have collected and donated 110,000 pairs of shoes in their first year.
- They need ongoing help monitoring their collection boxes, at their storage facility, and at their community shoe sorts- which are a great project for kids and a great community service project for Scouts and teens.
- If anybody listening knows a troop leader or head of a Youth group, please tell them about Reuseyourshoes and that they would welcome their help.
Where is their storage unit?
- Right now they have a donated storage unit in Langhorne.
- Their goal is to find a bigger storage space- more of a warehouse -and staff it on the weekends with volunteers for donation drop offs.
For now, where are the drop off boxes?
Refer to the website locator by entering your zip-code.
Reuseyourshoes has two fundraising events planned for Spring and Summer. You are invited to join them at their FUNraiser at Poco's Comedy Club in Doylestown in March 2012, and their 2nd Annual "Golf Benefit for the Shoeless" at Northampton Country Club, Newtown Pennsylvania, in July 2012.
To learn more about their organization, their shoe drives and volunteer opportunities, or to make a donation, visit reuseyourshoes.com; "Friend them" on Facebook or "Follow them" on Twitter at reuseyourshoes.