- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Get Your Race On
Memorial Day weekend means racing fans will be glued to their radio's. That's because the Grand Daddy of the them all, the Indy 500, kicks off an all day race day on AM 1440 WNPV. Radio coverage of the 96th running of the classic from Indianapolis begins at 11am. This is actually the 100th year of the 200 lap, 500 mile race. The race did not run during the years our county participate in WW1 and WW2. Ryan Brisco sits on the pole followed by James Hinchcliffe and Ryan Hunter-Reay. This year, race orginizers will remember Dan Wheldon, last years race winner who was killed in an accident later in the race season. At 5pm, it's the Coca Cola 600, the longest race on the NASCAR schedule. Aric Almirola has the pole for this years race at the Charlotte Motor Speedway. Last years winner, Kevin Harvick, sits at the number 14 spot. He passed Dale Ernhardt Jr. on the last lap of last years race to pick up the exciting win. While radio coverage gets underway at 5pm, the race itself will not start until after 6pm for those planning their day around listening on the radio. The Trinity Lutheran Church service normally heard at 11am, will be played back after the Indy race at approximately 3:30pm.