- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Tuition Expert Offers Tips For College Students
An expert on college selection says the published tuition rate at the university you’re thinking about sending your son or daughter to is not set in stone. Edward Fiske has just put out his 30th annual Fiske Guide To Colleges. Fiske was a guest Friday on Comment Please By Univest.
“When it comes down to the individual, you must realize, they do have to discount. There are plenty of private colleges where only 30 or 35-percent of students pay the published tuition, so there is heavy discounting.”
Fiske says, a little negotiation can save big money in lower tuition.