- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Charter School Denied in NPSD
There won't be any charter schools in the North Penn School District anytime soon. The school board Thursday night rejected for a second time the application from Education for New Generations. It called for serving 220 students kindergarten through grade five in a facility on Commerce Drive in Montgomeryville. Before the vote, the attorney representing Education for New Generations told the school board the revised application addressed the issues cited when the charter was initially rejected in February. The charter school organizers can file an appeal of the denial with the state department of education or they can resubmit the application a third time.