- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
North Penn School District Officials Eye Grant
The North Penn School Board later this month will formally vote to apply for another million dollar Keystone to Opportunities grant. The idea behind the federal program is to promote student literacy at all levels. This is a competitive five year grant only available in six states that the district must qualify for annually. The money is used at the high school level to help students struggling with reading while children in pre-school are introduced to the district kindergarten experience through a virtual classroom. District officials say reading assessment data for the first year of the program looks promising so far.