- Church Treasurer Accused of Stealing Church Funds
- Upper Gwynedd Twp. Police Create Special Needs Registry
- Human Trafficking and Servitude Bill Pass in State Senate
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Tax Hike Likely In NP Budget
North Penn Business Administration Director Bob Schoch says school district revenues continue lagging behind expenses by about $5 million, and the school board will need fresh ideas to meet challenges as it prepares a new budget.
“We’ve pretty much exhausted in the last three years the standard ways of balancing budgets, and those have totaled in excess of $20 million.”
He says residents could face a property tax hike in the new school year, possibly in excess of a 1.7 percent state index. At its next work session on February 12, the board will need to approve a preliminary budget or adopt a resolution pledging not to raise taxes by more than the index.