- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
Listen to these shows on demand right now
In-School Ad Policy Approved in NPSD
The North Penn School Board has adopted a policy that governs advertising in district facilities. It allows commercial sponsorship of positive messages about things like the value of reading in gyms, buses, auditoriums and athletic venues but not in classrooms, libraries and offices. The money raised will be used to offset expenses that otherwise would have been shouldered by district taxpayers. School Board members Suzan Leonard and Carolyn Murphy voted against the policy. They say it goes too far and leaves too many unanswered questions. Selecting a vendor to coordinate in-school advertising is the next step. The school board will issue a request for proposals and could be ready to review them early next year.