- Upper Gwynedd Twp. Police Create Special Needs Registry
- Human Trafficking and Servitude Bill Pass in State Senate
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Apartments Proposed For Kennedy-Kenrick Site
A developer is asking Norristown Council for a zoning amendment to allow garden apartments at the Kennedy-Kenrick High School site on Johnson Highway. The plans call for 46 units in the existing four-story building, 117 more in three new three-story buildings on DeKalb Street, behind the school building and in a former school parking lot on Arch Street, and 28 single-family homes. Some of the apartments would be for senior citizens.
The developer wants zoning amendment approval later this summer and land development approval by the end of the year.