- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Ambler School Could Close
Wissahickon School District administrators have recommended closing Mattison Avenue Elementary School in Ambler. It has only kindergarten though third grade and Superintendent of Schools Judith Clark says it cannot accommodate more grades.
It is targeted for closing at the end of the 2012-2013 school year, and Ambler elected officials are upset. Mayor Bud Wahl says it’s an integral part of the community. Public hearings will be held before it closes.
Wissahickon administrators have also recommended a new high school near the site of the current building in Lower Gwynedd. They say it has had periodic flooding, and a number of other problems resulting from several add-ons over the years. Board members have toured some newer buildings over the last few months, including Souderton Area High School.