- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
In-School Advertising Coming in NPSD
The debate over in-school advertising in the North Penn School District has reached the next level. The school board Tuesday night took a look at a proposed policy that would govern commercial sponsorship of positive lifestyle messages already endorsed by the district. Some school board members admitted having a hard time accepting the concept but Board President Vince Sherpinsky is embracing it. He hopes to see the policy in place by next January and says in-school advertising could generate $500,000 within two years. The draft policy will be reviewed further by the district education, community and policy committee before it comes before the school board again for more discussion.