- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Tech School Restaurant Opens
A new restaurant opened Wednesday, April 18, on Sumneytown Pike in Towamencin Township. It’s at the North Montco Technical Career Center, where students prepare and serve the food for breakfast and lunch every Wednesday under the direction of Chef Charles Cole, the Culinary Arts Instructor. He says working with real paying customers hones their skills and builds up their self-confidence.
“They’ve gone though their cooking methods and everything else, so we feel it’s really important to instill that confidence in them because they do need to be able to produce right there on the spot for guests coming in, so it is part of the learning curve for them.”
Chef Cole says the maximum capacity is 40 customers per service, so he recommends making reservations.