- Upper Gwynedd Twp. Police Create Special Needs Registry
- Human Trafficking and Servitude Bill Pass in State Senate
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
Listen to these shows on demand right now
SASD Whooping Cough Outbreak
The Souderton Area School District has confirmed an outbreak of whooping cough at Lower Salford Elementary School. Five cases of the disease, which has the medical name of pertussis, have been diagnosed at the school. The district is working with the Montgomery County Health Department to address the outbreak.
Children were not in school Wednesday because of a previously-scheduled day off, the building has been thoroughly disinfected, and students were back in class Thursday. Several cases were diagnosed in late January and early February at several North Penn schools including the high school, Pennfield Middle School and Montgomery and Bridle Path Elementary Schools.