- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Penn State Head Football Coach Joe Paterno announced his retirement Wednesday, effective at the end of this season, but that wasn’t soon enough for the university trustees. They fired him Wednesday night, effective immediately, along with Penn State President Graham Spanier, because of the child sex scandal involving former Assistant Coach Jerry Sandusky and cover-up charges against two high-ranking university officials. Paterno was fired over the phone shortly after 10:00pm, bringing a storied coaching career to a tragic end that could forever taint the reputation he built over more than 60 years.