- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Field Upgrades at Methacton High School
Methacton School District officials are starting the process of improving the athletic fields at the high school. Tuesday night they set in motion the selection of an architect or engineer for the project. The improvements would include artificial turf as well as stadium lights at the football field. A second turf field could be in the works on the current site of the upper soccer and lacrosse field at the high school. The school board was unanimous in its decision to look for an architect but tabled a proposal to finance the project. District officials say more details need to be nailed down before money is allocated. The proposal to install stadium lights at the high school football field gives the project another dimension. The school district needs a zoning variance from Worcester Township before it can put up anything taller than twelve feet.