- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Montco Lawyers Teach Civics Classes
Lansdale lawyer Marc Steinberg was one of about 45 Montgomery Bar Association members at the three Norristown Area middle schools Wednesday, teaching civics lessons to sixth graders. He says two lawyers and a judge were in each classroom with similar lesson plans, and when he asked how many students knew a lawyer or a judge, no hands went up.
“I suspect with a lot of kids the first time they get to see a lawyer or a judge is when they’re in trouble, and here we’re trying to give them a good experience, and hopefully they will never get to the other side of it.”
Steinberg appeared Wednesday on the WNPV talk program Legally Speaking. He said the students were very engaged and practically jumping out of their seats asking questions. They teach the classes six times a year.