- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Penn State Now Most Expensive Public University
It’s no secret that college students and recent high school graduates seeking higher education will be facing large amounts of debt. The picture for students attending Penn State’s main campus and those thinking of studying in State College will become more financially challenging. Penn state, with its recent announcement that tuition will be raised by 3.8 percent, has elevated the school to the most expensive public university in the nation. Families with two students at Penn State can expect a yearly bill of nearly 35-grand. The cost for one student is just over 15-thousand dollars. An official with Penn State pointed to state budget cuts as the reason for the tuition increase. Penn State has company as the most expensive public university in the nation with in-state rival Pittsburgh, which comes in second as the most expensive public university in the country.