- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Methacton Budget Raises Taxes
The Methacton School Board has approved a budget that calls for nearly $91 million in spending and a property tax hike of just under 2.9 percent. The average taxpayer’s bill will increase by about $130 in the new school year. Various program cuts and re-alignments have resulted in 15 teaching positions being eliminated, but retirements, unpaid leaves and transfers have caused vacancies, so no employee layoffs are planned at this time.