- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Catholic Teachers Authorize Strike
About 800 lay teachers in the Philadelphia Archdiocesan High Schools could go on strike in September. The schools include Lansdale Catholic, Pope John Paul II in Upper Providence Township and Archbishop Wood in Warminster. Association of Catholic Teachers Local 1776 members voted to reject proposals that they consider unjust and demeaning and authorized their leaders to call a strike if they do not have an acceptable contract by the time the old one expires on August 31. The union says the Archdiocese wants to strip away long-established rights and benefits.