- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Wissahickon Teachers Have A Deal
The Wissahickon School Board and teachers’ union have a new contract. The board ratified it this week, and Wissahickon Education Association members ratified it late last month. Under the three-year deal teachers get no pay raise in the first year, retroactive to last July, 1.5 percent in the second year and 1.7 percent in the third year. When step increases are added in they get just under four percent in each of the last two years. Employee contributions to health insurance premiums remain at ten percent in the first year, and then go to eleven percent in the second year and twelve percent in the third year.