- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Pennridge Teacher Offers On Website
The final best contract offers from the Pennridge School Board and teachers’ union are on the district website. The teachers are asking for pay raises averaging about 2.5 percent per year over five years, while the board is offering no raises in the first year and raises averaging a little less than 2 percent per year over the last three years of a four-year deal. Posting the offers is the next step in a non-binding arbitration process. Next month the arbitration panel will hold a hearing and make a recommendation, which becomes the new contract if both sides accept it. The teachers have been working without a contract since July. The public can comment on the offers through January 31. The website is www.pennridge.org, and paper copies are available at the administration office on North Fifth Street in East Rockhill.