- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
Listen to these shows on demand right now
SASB Approves Principal’s Sabbatical
The Souderton Area School Board has approved a request for a medical sabbatical from EM Crouthamel Elementary School Principal Deborah Alder. It also approved transferring Indian Crest Middle School Assistant Principal Jonathan Graf to Crouthamel as Principal on Assignment. The changes come amid rumors of cheating on state achievement tests. Board President Bernie Currie read a prepared statement at Thursday night’s meeting saying an investigation has been conducted and forwarded to the Pennsylvania Education Department, but board members cannot comment publicly, and they must maintain a presumption of innocence until the process is completed. In an unrelated matter at the same school, EMC Building Manager Linda Wilde addressed the board about health and safety issues, saying it has a leaky roof, poor drainage in the basement and rust, mold and mildew problems that have existed for years.