- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Stuff The Bus Donations Wanted
The North Penn United Way is asking individuals and businesses to donate back-to-school backpacks for needy elementary school children in the North Penn and Souderton Area School Districts through the Stuff The Bus program. Director of Community Impact Cheryl Clark says they should be filled with basic school supplies.
“Glue, pencils, binders, loose-leaf paper, scissors, rulers, tissues, things they need to get them off to a great start.”
She says some people might not know the need exists.
“It’s easy to overlook the needs that are in this community, but if you look at the agencies and the fact that their needs have gone up, shelter needs have gone up, food needs have gone up, there’s a great need for a project like this. Without it, some kids would go to school unprepared to learn.”
Clark says they also accept checks made out to North Penn United Way with Stuff The Bus in the memo section, cash and credit card donations and gift cards. Filled backpacks should be dropped off as soon as possible, and no later than Friday, August 13, at a number of locations including the Indian Valley YMCA, the Indian Valley or North Penn Boys and Girls Club and participating Univest branches.