- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
NP Memorial Rededicated
The North Penn High School Key Club rededicated the Memorial Garden outside Penndale Middle School on Saturday. It honors North Penn graduates who gave their lives serving their country in the military service. Junior and Key Club Member Christina Radley said it was a very moving experience.
“I really appreciate what these people have done, and it’s great that all of the people who are here also do, so I’m glad to be helping them out and kind of comforting them in the same way.”
Lansdale Kiwanis Club President Bud Leister said it’s a fitting tribute.
“I know a number of those people. I went to school with them and it’s still an emotional time even 40 plus years later, and the thing about it is they will never ever be forgotten because their names are now here and their service to their country, and that’s what it’s all about.”
The memorial has a new stone honoring three Marines: Robert Greaser and Curtis Cooper, who died in 1983 when a Marine Corps barracks was bombed in Beirut, Lebanon and Joseph Maglione, who died in Kuwait in 2003.