- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
SASD Looking At Interactive Reading Program
The Souderton Area School District is looking at an interactive program that helps middle and high school students improve their reading. It uses computers and specially designed software to diagnose and test students who are at the greatest risk of failure. About 200 would use it initially, starting with pilot programs at West Broad Street, Vernfield and Salford Hills Elementary Schools. Curriculum Director Jack Silva says the program, known as Read 180, shows a lot of promise. A federal government grant would pay its $290,000 cost.