- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
Listen to these shows on demand right now
CB Walking Routes Get Green Light
The Central Bucks School Board has approved new walking routes for students at six schools. They are Gayman, Kutz and Titus Elementary Schools, Lenape Middle School and Central Bucks West and South High Schools. District Business Manager Dave Matyas told board members they would save more than $288,000 in the first year by eliminating three bus driver positions, burning less fuel and reducing wear and tear on the buses. They will spend more than $50,000 to install and improve sidewalks and paved paths along some routes, and up to a few thousand more to remove snow and vegetation, but the net saving is still more than $220,000.