- Upper Gwynedd Twp. Police Create Special Needs Registry
- Human Trafficking and Servitude Bill Pass in State Senate
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Lt. Governor Calls on Montco. To Follow The Law on Marriage
Pennsylvania is taking Montgomery County to court over the issuance of same sex marriage licenses. Another elected official has now aired his views on the subject. Pennsylvania Lt. Governor, Jim Cawley says, the law is being ignored.
“The simple truth of the matter is, the law of the land right now, as passed in the mid 1990’s by both houses of the legislature and by the Governor that in this state, marriage is the union between a man and a woman.”
Cawley was a guest Wednesday on Comment Please By Univest.
Cawley adds, the state’s lawsuit against Montgomery County has nothing to do with the morality of gay marriage, but following the law.