- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Montco. Official Wants D.N.C To Come To Philly in 2016
Could the 2016 Democratic National Convention be coming to Philadelphia. Montgomery County Commissioner Chairman, Josh Shapiro is among Democratic leaders who are trying to lure the convention to the region. Shapiro says, the process is lengthy and competitive.
“Putting together a work group that is going to do some of the early fundraising and make the appeals to the Democratic National Committee. Then out together a staff that is going to be in a position to fill out an RFP and compete with what will presumably be about 5 or 6 cities around the county.”
Shaprio says, the region is capable of providing an ample number of hotel rooms for the convention. The Democratic National Committee is expected to release information by the end of 2014 as to the location of the convention. Shapiro was a guest on the AM-Edition Thursday morning.