- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
State Rep. Calls Issuance of Same Sex Licenses an Overreach
Montgomery County State Rep. Todd Stephens says he doesn’t oppose gay marriage, but he does not support Montgomery County’s issuing licenses to gay couples. He says, the county could get caught up in a lawsuit.
“If there is litigation, I would hope that the county taxpayers don’t have to foot that bill because of this aggressive overreach, in my mind, by the Register of Wills.
Stephens says, it’s dangerous to elected officials to pick and choose which laws they will or will not abide by.