- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Harrisburg Think Tank: P.A. Needs Private Sector Thinking
The head of the Commonwealth Foundation, a conservative think tank in Harrisburg, wants the state to pull the plug on a proposal to hike fees and lift the cap on the state’s wholesale gasoline tax. Matt Brouillette was a guest on Thursday’s Comment Please By Univest Program on WNPV.
“Things like getting rid of prevailing wage, artificially increases the cost to taxpayers to pave our roads. Competitive contracting and our mass transit services, bringing private sector efficiencies in to those public transit agencies. These are the things that we would like to see done, long before we start going to taxpayers and asking them for some more money.”
Montgomery County State Senator, Jon Rafferty is pushing a plan to increase revenue more than two-billion dollars to pay for road and bridge repairs across the state.