- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
New Law Allows Family of Victim To Attend Parole Hearing
Starting on September 1st the family members of crime victims in Pennsylvania will be permitted to attend the parole hearing of the offender. The bill, signed by Governor Tom Corbett Tuesday afternoon, was authored by State Rep. Mike Vereb in response to the murder of Ellen Gregory Robb by her husband, Rafael…who received ten years
“This guy served his minimum sentence and got paroled. The Governor intervened and we were able to keep him in prison. Now we fought to get this legislation with expedient time. The bill was introduced in March and passed in the middle of June. It’s a big time up here.”
Ellen’s brother, Gary Gregory says, the law will be a lasting memory to his sister and a triumph for other families.
“Families like ours, victims like others who have experienced horrific crime can meet with the parole board and now have an even footing with the criminals who commit these heinous acts.”
Vereb and Gregory were guests on the AM-Edition Tuesday Morning