- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Should The Patriot Act Be Given a Second Look.
Local Congressman Mike Fitzpatrick would support a Re-evaluation of the Patriot Act. The 8th District Congressman Republican says, the National Security Agency has overstepped its use of surveillance.
“I was not in Congressman when the Patriot Act was passed. I was there for its 1st reauthorization, four years later. I expressed some fairly significant concerns that I had. I wanted to make sure that they were not gathering mage-data information on average American citizens where there was no suspicion, but it was being used as a law enforcement tool.”
Fitzpatrick voted against reauthorization of the Patriot Act several years after it’s original passage in the wake of 9-11.