- Church Treasurer Accused of Stealing Church Funds
- Upper Gwynedd Twp. Police Create Special Needs Registry
- Human Trafficking and Servitude Bill Pass in State Senate
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Montco. State Sen. Weighs in on Definition of Child Abuse
State lawmakers are fine tuning the definition of child abuse. Montgomery county State Senator Bob Mensch says, as soon as the senate addresses changes to what is considered to be child abuse, it can concentrate on other proposals from a panel that studied Pennsylvania’s child protection laws.
“I think the next issue is mandatory reporting and understand that and who has to be a mandatory reporter. How do we get the training. What are the definitions, again the definitions are so critical.”
A House plan is scheduled for committee action this week. The senate is expected to take up the issue in the fall. Last year,a special task force was created to address the question of what is the definition of child abuse.