- Upper Gwynedd Twp. Police Create Special Needs Registry
- Human Trafficking and Servitude Bill Pass in State Senate
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Lansdale Candidate Must Choose Seat or Job.
The dust hasn’t settled yet from the primary election in Lansdale last week. Democrat Kathleen Becker won her party primary in the ward two Borough Council race, but her name might not appear on the November ballot because a policy instituted by her employer last month after the deadline to withdraw prohibits the members of her department from running for political office. Lansdale Democratic Committee Chair, Jack Hansen says, the candidate will sort things out.
“If she chooses to stay in she will be the candidate in November. If she chooses to withdraw her name because she can’t seek other employment, at that point and time, the Lansdale Democratic Committee will appoint her replacement.”
Becker was unopposed in the Democratic primary election.