- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Montco State Rep. Sponsors Human Trafficking Bill
Human trafficking and the impact it has on its victims is the subject of legislation. State Repn Daylin Leach has crafted bill 915, also known as the “Safe Harbor” bill. Leach says, young girls forced into prostitution need help.
“They deserve protection of the Child Welfare System, not to be re-victimized by incarceration in the juvenile justice system.”
Leach adds, over the last 18 years 12-hundred to 16-hundred children have been arrested per year on prostitution crimes.