- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Suspended North Wales Police Chief Barry Hackert has resigned.
Borough council accepted his written resignation without comment at a meeting Tuesday night.
Borough officials have not commented on the reasons for his suspension, but he apparently hit the head of security at Split Rock Lodge in the Poconos the day before New Year’s Eve. He was not charged with anything because the man he is accused of hitting chose not to press charges.
He also pleaded guilty to a summary offense of disorderly conduct in an incident where he caused a disturbance in Telford more than three years ago.
Terry Hammerstone is serving as Acting Chief of the North Wales Police Department.