- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Conshy Council Sets Wawa Store Hearing
Conshohocken Borough Council has set a public hearing on plans for a Super Wawa store at the old EF Moore Chevrolet dealership site, on Fayette Street between Eleventh and Twelfth Streets.
A developer representing the company has proposed a store with ten gasoline pumps and 49 parking spaces.
A majority of the residents who attended a planning commission meeting last month opposed the convenience store, voicing concerns about safety and the impact on local businesses, but mostly they objected to a 24-hour operation in a largely residential neighborhood.
The hearing will be held March 27 at the Washington Fire Company.