- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Montco Takes Out Loan
The Montgomery County Commissioners are borrowing money to pay the bills for the first quarter of this year.
They have approved a short-term Tax Anticipation Loan of $30 million to cover costs until tax money for the year starts coming in, probably in March.
The interest rate is slightly over two percent, and the money must be paid back by the end of this year.