- Upper Gwynedd Twp. Police Create Special Needs Registry
- Human Trafficking and Servitude Bill Pass in State Senate
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Montco Budget: No New Taxes
The Montgomery County Commissioners have approved a budget that holds the line on taxes next year.
It calls for nearly $410 million in spending and assumes revenue of more than $412 million, which means the county is adding more than $2 million to its fund balance and making its fiscal condition look a little better in the eyes of Wall Street bond rating services.
As promised, the budget eliminates direct funding for several nonprofits, but Legal Aid, the Child Advocacy Project and the Women’s Center of Montgomery County are getting fee-for-service contracts.