- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
Listen to these shows on demand right now
The Montgomery County Commissioners have laid off ten employees in the Public Property and Roads and Bridges Divisions of the Assets and Infrastructure Department.
Chairman Josh Shapiro says all ten have done a good job, but the county must get its fiscal house in order.
They include Don Colosimo, who has served as Roads and Bridges Director for 17 years. Shapiro says the layoffs, combined with outsourcing Roads and Bridges engineering work, could save up to $500,000 a year.