- Lansdale’s Christmas Tree Lighting Postponed
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
Listen to these shows on demand right now
CB PD Talks Collapse
The collapse of talks aimed at forming a Central Bucks Regional Police Department is complete.
The Doylestown Township Supervisors voted Tuesday night to pull out, leaving just Doylestown and New Britain Boroughs, who already have a combined department to the extent that they share the same chief.
At one time as many as seven municipalities were working on the plan, but New Britain Township pulled out in August saying the cost of building a new police headquarters would be too much. Plumstead Township officials pulled out last month, saying they have a good police department now, and they don’t want to take the risk that would come with a merger.
Chalfont Borough and Warwick Township took part in the talks for a while, but they pulled out earlier.