- Upper Gwynedd Twp. Police Create Special Needs Registry
- Human Trafficking and Servitude Bill Pass in State Senate
- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Township Pulls Out Of CB PD Effort
New Britain Township has pulled out of an effort to form a Central Bucks Regional Police Department.
It was one of five municipalities working on the plan, but New Britain Township sent the other four a letter saying the cost of building a new police headquarters would be too much, even though a state report says it would save nearly $150,000 a year on operating costs.
Doylestown and New Britain Boroughs and Doylestown and Plumstead Townships are moving forward with merger discussions. Chalfont Borough and Warwick Township took part in the talks for a while, but they pulled out earlier.