- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Township Supervisor Not Surprised By Turnpike Decision
Towamencin Township Supervisor Chairman Dan Littley says he’s not surprised by the refusal of the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission to change the name of exit 31 on the Northeast extension from Lansdale to Kulpsville-Towamencin.
He says State Representative Bob Godshall got him ready for what was coming when he told the Supervisors last month the Commission has only approved a name change once before and in that situation unlike this one, where Lansdale officials are supporting the status quo, there was no opposition.
Littley says he has no intention of shooting the messenger:
“Mr. Bradford was put in a very precarious and tough position, he represents Towamencin Township, he represents Lansdale. That’s asking him to walk a fine line, we’re not upset with him at all, we appreciate his support."
New signs that go up at the interchange during upcoming upgrades will list Kulpsville and Harleysville as destinations and Littley calls that a fair compromise.