- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Bucks Co Has New Solicitor
The Bucks County Commissioners have named Michael Klimpl of Buckingham Township as their new County Solicitor. He has been on the solicitor’s team of five lawyers since 1984. He has been leading the department temporarily since December, when former solicitor Glenn Hains retired.
The commissioners appointed him unanimously to the surprise of Minority Commissioner Diane Marseglia, the only Democrat on the board. She said, “Michael is not just a registered Democrat. He’s also a philosophical Democrat.”
He said it’s true that he’s a registered Democrat, but he had no comment on being a philosophical Democrat. With the promotion his salary goes from a little less than $69,000 a year to $118,000.