- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Bucks Co Planners Like Shenandoah Woods Redevelopment Plans
The Bucks County Planning Commission has endorsed the Redevelopment Authority’s plans to buy the former Shenandoah Woods housing complex on West Bristol Road in Warminster. It was once home to full-time military serving at the Willow Grove Naval Air Station and the Warminster Naval Air Warfare Center.
The county and township declared it blighted last year after the U.S. Navy abandoned it. A Redevelopment Authority appraisal put the value of the property at $60,000 an acre, but the navy still owns the land, and it sets the final price. The Redevelopment Authority plans envision a neighborhood with 133 single and semi-attached homes on 24 acres.