- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Special Elections Set
The Pennsylvania Supreme Court has ruled that special elections will be held on April 24, the same day as the scheduled primary election, for six vacant seats in the state House of Representatives. They include the Montgomery County seat vacated in early January when State Representative Josh Shapiro stepped down to become a county commissioner. It covers Abington and part of Upper Dublin Township.
Party ward leaders will meet within a few days to pick their candidates for the special elections. They will complete the unexpired terms, but the primary election voters will pick the people who run in the November General Election.