- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
- New Leadership on Wissahickon School Board
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Montg Twp Seeks Permission For Bond Issue
The Montgomery Township Supervisors have applied to the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development for permission to borrow $5.5 million for open space preservation and park projects. The state agency must approve a higher bonded debt level before the township can borrow the money, which would go mainly for buying 12 acres of land on Horsham Road across from the township building and the 50-acre Zehr Tract next to William Maule Park at Windlestrae. Some supervisors want to build a community center on the Horsham Road property.