- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Governor Tom Corbett was in Montgomery County Wednesday, announcing a state investment of more than $31 million in conservation and recreation projects across the state. The county is getting a $202,000 grant for improvements to the Upper Schuylkill Valley Park in Upper Providence Township. They include better access to the Schuylkill River for fishing and boating, a new picnic area with a pavilion, and more parking. Towamencin Township is getting a grant for improvements at Fischer’s Park including a porous parking lot that provides better drainage than traditional parking lots, a new energy-efficient restroom, and a native plants meadow that will not require frequent mowing.