- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
- Long Prison Term For 21 Year Old Man in Rape of Girl
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Montco Commissioners Reorganize
The Montgomery County Commissioners have reorganized, following the resignation of former Chairman Jim Matthews. He stepped down as chairman on Tuesday, December 6, after being charged with perjury for allegedly lying to a grand jury about his business interests. Democrat Joe Hoeffel is the new Chairman and Republican Bruce Castor is the new Vice Chairman, and they fired County Solicitor Barry Miller of Towamencin Township, a close Matthews Ally, and replaced him with Jim Maza of Marlborough Township, a close Hoeffel ally. Maza had been the county’s Deputy Chief Operating Officer, and he served briefly as an appointed commissioner in the late 1990’s. The commissioners also held a budget hearing Wednesday and heard pleas from numerous people who want them to continue funding the county library system and parks and historic sites.