- Trial Ordered For Two Brothers Accused of Home Invasion
- New Chairman for Montco GOP
- Judge Denies Request For Gun Seller in Officer Fox Case
- Towamencin Twp. Receives Grant Money For Fischer’s Park
- Consumer Advocate: Safer To Use Credit Card Instead of Debit When Shopping
- Alzheimer’s Research Underway At 3 Universities in Pa.
Listen to these shows on demand right now
Whitemarsh Getting Human Relations Panel
The Whitemarsh Township Supervisors have approved an ordinance creating a Human Relations Commission. It’s aimed at protecting the rights of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people and giving them a place to air grievances if they believe they were discriminated against in housing, employment and other matters. The commission would try to work out resolutions for all parties involved, and Supervisors Chairman Bob Hart says it would cost the taxpayers next to nothing. A handful of other townships and boroughs have similar ordinances.